Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When I Say I Do

It rained and rained and rained the day of the rehersal. People were scurrying around making alternate plans for the rehersal dinner. What if the rain continues? Where will we put 60 people? The party was set for Tuthill park. Tuthill simply would not do in the rain!

It rained and rained and rained all day long.

The water poured into the basement of their new home.



Marissa's dress did not fit!

Tyler was digging and digging on the day of their rehearsal.

The new carpet was getting soaked.

How were they going to have guests for gift opening if their house was in shambles?

How were they going to have their honeymoon and leave this mess and ruin their carpet and who knows what else while they are gone?



Marissa's dress STILL did not fit.


God said....wait...be patient....the rains ceased....Tuthill was perfect!

Then it rained and rained and rained all night.


The bride REALLY wanted outdoor pictures.

God said...wait...be patient.

The rain ceased.


Grandma Nancy fixed the red dress. She told me, "I don't think I ever prayed so hard for a red dress!" I prayed, "Dear Lord, just give me 2 more inches and don't make me have to work too hard for it", and God said, "Oh Nancy, I can give you 2 more inches but you are going to have to do some work", and work she did!! Thank you Grandma (Angel) Nancy, for the work you did on that red dress, for your prayers, for your hugs and for all the love that went into your work!!!
The water stopped pouring...still a problem, but put on hold for their wedding day.
Decorating plans changed...too many people up too late worrying.
Decorating done....rain stopped.....
I sent a text to a friend.....simply, "The Son is shining!!!!"
ThThey took some amazing photos...OUTSIDE!

This day has been in the making for a long, long time, and today, they "have never been so sure of anything" in their lives.


Matthew West had the perfect song.

It brought tears to the eyes of the guests.

It brought tears to the eyes of the bride and groom.

It brought tears to the eyes of the parents and a few aunts I believe!

"There must be a God
I believe it's true.
'Cause I can see His love when I look at you.
He must have a plan for this crazy life
because He brought you here
and placed you by my side.
And I have never been so sure of anything before
like I am in this moment here with you.
And now for better or for worse.
They're so much more than only words.
and I pray that every day will be the proof
that I mean what I say when I say I do,
that I mean what I say when I say....I do.
You see these hands you hold
will always hold you up
when the strength you have
just ain't strong enough.
And what tomorrow brings
only time will tell
but I will stand by you
in sickness and in health.
'Cause I have never been so sure of anything before
like I am in this moment here with you.
And now for better or for worse,
They're so much more than only words,
and I pray that every day will be the proof
that I mean what I say when I say I do.
That I mean what I say when I say....
Take my hand and take this ring
You know that I will always love you through anything
And as the years march on like a beating heart
I will live these words 'til death do us part.
'Cause I have never been so sure of anything before
like I am in this moment here with you.
And now for better or for worse,
They're so much more than only words,
and I pray that every day will be the proof
that I mean what I say when I say... I do.
That I mean what I say when I say....I do.

Wishing Tyler and Christi and lifetime of love and happiness. They have planned, they have prepared, they have done things in order, and they have made God the center of their union.
"A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken."
Now let's pray for an easy repair to the water problem in their home. God has answered our prayers for every event this weekend....couldn't we ask him for just this one thing more????
Thank you God for finding the right people for the right repairs!
Grandma Nancy, we need you one more time!!!!

No comments: