Thursday, July 31, 2008

Marissa's room




I worked late into the night last night and all afternoon today and finished up Marissa's room for her. She left lots of hints that I should get it done while she was gone to camp. She even sent a letter today asking me if I have been painting her room.....Anyway, in my email to her today, I lied a little and told her we have been so busy fixing windows (which we have), and Tyler has been here working on the driveway project (next post), and I just haven't had time to do it. She will be surprised and I hope she likes it. It was very hard to cover all my texturizing I did last time I did her room, and she wanted polka dots, so it was doing them freehand (very slow going) or using a stencil (worked better), but anyway, time consuming. Of course, I had to do some freelance lettering above her bed! Thank the Lord Tyler was here to take beds apart and switch Marissa's bunk futon with the full size bed in the spare room. I got new bedding for her with polka dots and a new throw and it was for a full size bed, but I don't know how I ever thought I was going to do it by myself!!! Hope she is happy with it. She is in high school now, so wants a "big girl" room I guess. TTFN Carol

No comments: