Friday, February 27, 2009

Sundogs

A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, for "beside the sun") is a common bright circular spot on a solar halo. It is an atmospheric optical phenomenon primarily associated with the reflection or refraction of sunlight by small ice crystals making up cirrus or cirrostratus clouds.

Did you see the beautiful sunrise today? A gift from God on a cold Friday morning.

All the way to school today, I listened to story after story about Heaven on my favorite radio station, KNWC with my friend Suzanne on the air. Some people shared moments with loved ones as they were traveling from this life to the next. Some said they themselves had actually been there, seen it, felt it.....and returned to tell others that it is a real place, that it does exist. It is bright, it is light, it has unbelievable music, it is so filled with love. Maybe that bright beautiful sunrise is just a little bit of what is in store for us. For now, we must BELIEVE and wait, but it sounds like that is the place I want to be! How about you???

I Can Only Imagine

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you

I can only imagine

3 comments:

{darlene} said...

ours was a beautiful sunrise as well. I always think of a friend of mine, Becky, whenever I see a sondog. She lost her 2 yr old to an at-home drowning incident, and God has given her gift after gift of these sondogs, in the upward shape of a smile, no less. Too many to count.
He is amazing, is He not?

Anonymous said...

I saw the sundogs sunrise this morning and just learned about them today at work as we talked about the beautiful winter rainbow in the sky...and I too listened to all the stories about heaven on KNWC this morning...tearing up all the way to work...God's beauty is all around us! Awesome!
Love ya!
Mariyn

DJ said...

Carol, thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog to lead me back to yours. I'm adding you to my faves, and I commented on your November post to which you left a link. :-)
A Bible verse that meant something to me today: Luke 6:44 NAS
Love & Laughter,
DJ