Monday, January 25, 2010

Where would I be?

I usually have so much to say that I do not need to repeat a post, and for those of you who follow my posts, you may be familiar with the production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat that we had at our school last fall. I am putting a link here so you can go check it out if you wish. In that post, I wrote the story of Joseph for you.

http://carolchil.blogspot.com/2009/10/joseph.html

Now I am going to be in an adult version of this musical! It will be held at Rock Rapids, Ia at the Central Lyon High School auditorium. The dates are February 26 and 27 at 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday, February 28 at 2:00 p.m. I will play the part of the wife of Reuben, the oldest of Jacob's 12 sons.

I can be found singing lines and songs and trying on costumes, trying to come up with all the changes of costume I will need for the productions. Our grandkids were here this weekend and they wanted to try them on too!


Calvin


Kavian


Braylyn


Kavian checking out youtube in full dress-Why is it that 5 year olds can maneuver a computer and use websites???



All three, singing, dancing, watching, and learning the story of Joseph. They could tell you all about it! Click on the black triangle to watch!



In this video, I am trying to videotape, plus answer their questions...."What one's ruby?" "What one's "scarlek" (scarlet)?" and "What one's peach?" Looks like a lesson for another day! We will have to get our hands dirty with that one...right up my alley!

We are learning the lesson that you love your family, you care for your family, and you accept your family. You don't hate your brother. You shouldn't be jealous of your brother. You don't take from your brother. You don't throw your brother into a pit. You don't sell your brother. These are the lessons my grandkids are learning while they are enjoying the music.

The best lesson of all....if your family does mistreat you, it is up to you to love and forgive. Joseph forgave all of his brothers and they were all reunited at the end of the story. Amazing!

There really is nothing like the love of family and we are so blessed to have been given a family to love and care for. Where would I be???

3 comments:

Gottjoy! said...

Oh, how fun to be in a musical! I love that you said that you are teaching "not to throw your brother in a pit." That made my day=).

Unknown said...

Being in a musical sounds like so much fun! I love how you brought the story of Joesph and made it a teachable moment!

Susan said...

Love the pictures of the grqndkids dresses up in the costumes. They look adorable.