Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Christi!

Meet Christi. She is having a birthday today and she will soon become my daughter in law.
I guess that is only in the legal sense and the biblical sense, as she has been such an important part of our lives for over 5 years.

She schlepped all across this country, following a boy...MY boy, as he played football in college, as he tried scheme after scheme to make it in the business world, and now, she is beside him as he is showing his true resolve with his very own business. He truly is....."The Cell Phone Guy"!


She has shown her determination and her loyalty in standing by him. Here they are in their high school beginnings, over 5 years ago.


She is able to "put up with Marissa" and that isn't easy!
Here, she is, "putting up with" Marissa-

....and again


...and again....

This birthday may not compare to last year's celebration as she was flown off to Vegas to celebrate a huge milestone in her life and came home with another "stone" and a promise to marry Tyler this June.

I love you, Christi, and want you know know, that as a new "mother", I will do my best to let you go and let you grow. You have proven to me how right you are for our son and I know it was meant to be. On this birthday, I am well aware that you are not my own child, but will soon become my "daughter" anyway. AND, I want you to know that although you "did not grow under my heart...you have grown in it"!


2 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What sweet words for your soon to be 'daughter'. I hope she has a wonderful birthday!!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

What a cool tribute to Christi!