Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Abundant Harvest


Galatians 5:22-23

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. 

Dave has retired.  He has earned his rest after many, many years in education.  He now has more time for his newest love.....gardening.  This is the first year he has had time to harvest his abundant crop and he is learning to preserve this abundance for our family to enjoy in the winter. He is learning from others, reading, taking classes on line and talking to lots of people who do this type of thing.  We are very blessed with this harvest and the fact that we will have food and TIME to enjoy this bounty long after the summer sun has gone and winter winds replace the warm autumn days...
Thankful for a COLORFUL and abundant Harvest~

Potatoes~
carrots~
beans~
more beans~
broccoli~
corn~
pickles~
tomatoes~ 
tomato sauce
chili sauce ~
tomato juice~
onions~
beets~
peppers



































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Dave nneds jars I have a bunch and rings. I can sell them or trade jars for canned goodies!

~Aubrey

Anonymous said...

Me too. Trade them for canned goods. Ha. after all you did for me.... I think I owe you a few jars huh? So happy you are back in my life. Gramma T.

jenplusfive said...

Great pictures and adventure. I was up unitl midnight the other night putting up apple sauce. I'm a bit envious of his harvest and pantry. I'm sure it will be fun enjoying this food all winter!

jenplusfive said...

Have you guys done any dehydrating? It is the forgotten way of preserving IMO.