Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just Me


My friend Michelle tells me she has not seen pictures of me on Choose Joy.
She has not seen what I wore to the wedding.


I most definitely did not wear beige.



I did not sit in the back row.
I danced with the groom.
I danced with the groom's daddy.
I danced with the groom's sister.
I even danced with some of my sisters!
It was a celebration of love, a celebration of family.

"From the first day that I held you and looked into your eyes,
I thought I knew the road ahead but each day brought surprise.

I promised to delight you with new and wondrous things,
but truth be told the delight was mine each time you spread your wings.

I tried to give you freedom yet shelter you from harm,
it would have been so simple just to keep you safe and warm.

But your spirit always boundless needed room for you to soar,
and I watched with awe and pride, as you opened each new door.

Now you’re getting married your life begins anew,
like the moment I first held you my love will go with you."

The Mother of the Groom wore a little black dress, beautiful red roses and a very big smile!

No comments: