Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where's the Line?


My friend Lynda from Texas sent an email to me with a link to the most amazing song: "Where's the Line to see Jesus?" It is sung by Becky Kelley and is a relatively new song but is quickly becoming very popular. Check it out and you will be blessed!http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExXItDyWEY
The story was prompted by her nephew, who is 4 years old, asking her a question at the mall. If everyone is standing in a line to meet Santa, shouldn't there be a line to meet Jesus??? How amazing is that?
Kelley says, "I am blown away. DJ's are calling me and asking me, Who are you? Do you have anything else? What other records do you have?" I have to tell them, "This is it. I don't have anything else!"
Thanks to Lynda, I was able to go the Becky Kelley's website and order the demo, and the accompanyment track and I am going to sing it in church this Sunday. It may be considered a Christmas song, but I am not willing to wait until a year from now to tell this story through song!
"Where's the line to see Jesus? Is it here at the store? If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see him more? Where's the line to see Jesus? He was born for me. Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave His life for me. In the blink of of an eye, at the sound of His trump, we'll all stand in line at His throne. Every knee shall bow down, every tongue shall confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD!"
This is a Christmas story worthy of being told all year long! AMEN!!!

No comments: