Thursday, June 25, 2009

Living Life


I continue to be blessed by my painting. This week, I painted for Trudy.

Trudy...she is really something! She lives life large and with a passion. She loves her husband, she loves her children, she loves her grandchildren and she loves her Lord. Everywhere you look in her home, you see her!!!! I didn't get to work with her husband, so I don't know how much input he has into the decor...whatever the set up, it definitely works. Their home is gorgeous, filled with so many treasures. Their yard is just as gorgeous....such a gift they have....bringing out the very best in nature...right in their own backyard.

Jeff and Trudy are looking forward to their entire family coming home to stay this summer, and one project on her mind and heart was their bathroom. I always kick myself for NOT having the camera for a "before", but I usually make sure I have a lot of "afters". It was blue, very blue, and the wallpaper was peeling, curling, had been painted and glued...she had tried to save it, but one day I walked into the store they own to purchase paint to do a tissue paper technique on my own walls. She said I was answered prayer!!! Don't you love being "answered prayer"? She asked if I could do that in her bathroom. I came, I ripped, I peeled, I painted, I climbed, I made a mess, I cleaned it up, and they now have a peaceful place to rest for a minute, and a reminder everywhere you look....Grace...Peace....Faith...Love One Another.






My gift again has turned around to bless me! Who knew?I came one day to find this note....
I love to paint blessings right on the walls, but now I am in Trudy's prayers every day!
I asked Trudy if I could feature her in my blog and if I could take some pictures around her yard. It is so amazing. Pictures do not do any justice to the amount of skill, patience and time....and I would dare say.....prayers.



Life is not a race, but indeed a journey.
Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy.
Say “thank you”, “I love you”, and “great job” to someone each day.
Go to church. Take time for prayer.
Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper.
Love your life and what you’ve been given-it is not accidental.
Search for your purpose and do it as best you can.
Dreaming does matter-It allows you to become that which you aspire to be.
Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them.
Some of the best things in life really are free.
Do not worry-less wrinkles are more becoming.
Forgive, it frees the soul.
Take time for yourself-plan for longevity.
Remember the special people you’ve been blessed to know.
Live for today-enjoy the moment.


One more little paint job...upstairs, the children, although grown up and gone, still have places of honor in their home. The rooms are lined with trinkets, treasures, high school artwork, and photographs of each of them as they were, when they lived at home, and now, as adults with their own children. There is no doubt that they are so very loved in this home and will be so forever. I enjoyed painting these words in Erin's room. The pictures of the girls are so beautiful. The sisters are all so beautiful. I most definately "Enjoyed the Moment". It was amazing finding out more about how you are "Living Life". Thanks Trudy!

3 comments:

Sunshine Mama said...

Love the wheel barrel with flowers, the white picket fence as a head board...what a great idea. Love that Trudy is going to pray for you each time she sees your painting.Now THAT'S a blessing.

Your paintings looks great.

Thank you for you kind words about our pictures. I really do have fun taking photos.

stefndawniy said...

I saw your comment on A Crafty Blog and popped along to see you. I've loved reading your blog, Thank you :-)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love this post...and love your artwork. Thank you for sharing the pics of Trudy's amazing yard. I feel like I know her from these pictures...and what I see is beautiful. You really captured this family. Blessings...