Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Altered


"Diversity" by Luke Larsen

As I posted earlier, I am into "altered art", taking old, used, recycled things and refurbishing them into something usable or with some artistic statement. I guess I am always trying to make some sort of statement, even with this blogging thing I do. Why do I blog? Somehow, it feels just like I am sitting with friends or sisters over coffee, sharing truths about myself and those I trust, telling my stories. Our stories reveal who we are. Our stories offer hope and instruction and joy to those who will listen. I tell my stories to remember...to see how events shaped the course of my journey. I tell stories to hear the voice of God. God speaks to me through what happens to me. Jennifer said she loves how the Holy Spirit works in me. She loves how I share my faith as part of my everyday life and she loves how I "Choose Joy" in everyday things. I know I do have a lot of stories, but how can we remember a story we haven't heard? I want to remember all of these things that have made me who I am. I want to share these stories with anyone who will listen. Some days are great, some are not, but two are better than one because everything is more easily accomplished with a friend. Sometimes, one can be overwhelmed alone. One stands a better chance with a friend or two, or more! Thanks for being my blog friends. Thanks for visiting. Thanks for listening. Some say they don't have the courage to tell their stories where so many can see and hear them. I say, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". Seek joy where you can, and if not today, try again tomorrow. It is there, you just may have to dig deep! Please pray for Angela! Happy Birthday to Kim. You certainly are a young one for your age! Pray for Kim's Dad too!

Altered Book Page by Andy Simons. It makes me laugh every time I read it! They were to choose words out of the text to work with. He chose: "What is so wierd? You look pretty grubby to me. Please strangle my egg salad sandwich. Is that too much to ask?" I didn't ask the students what or why????!!!!????

These girls look pretty "altered" to me! lol Mary and Kendra!

No comments: