Thursday, November 13, 2008

Success is Loving What You Do

If my post title is a true statement, I am so very successful. I enjoy teaching art, I enjoy making art , I enjoy being creative, I enjoy watching students come alive with ideas. I enjoy making things for others, I enjoy watching the students grow up and become adults. I have had the opportunity to be there for my own children and watch them grow and enjoy their school activities. What could be better than to have the opportunity to do these things all day long? Some days, almost anything...most days...almost nothing. I am very fortunate to be able to do what I love to day all day long. In the words of master, Vincent Van Gogh, "It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength ,and whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done."


Many murals are painted on the walls of our school.

Marissa loves to edit photos. This is a photo she took of her own eye and then she worked her artistic magic. I am so happy that she loves to create just like her mama. I am very blessed to be able to share this time with her. She is growing up so quickly!


Mary and Ciara got down and dirty, but happy to have survived the chalk drawing!

Again, Vincent...."It would not be right if in drawing from nature, I took up too many details and overlooked the great things". Here's hoping you can overlook some of the tiny details and see the really great things in your life. I do feel successful and I know there are great things in my life. Open my eyes, Lord, teach me to see.....


Another of Marissa's edits - Alyssa Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very creative work you are posting Carol. I love Marissa's eye. Candi