Saturday, September 27, 2008

Find Your Wings








Just a few of Marissa's 9th grade pictures

It is amazing how much a person is able to miss while standing right there watching it all happen. You grew up so fast and right before my eyes, yet it seems like unbelievable how much you change with each passing year. I used to watch you from afar as you danced and sang and celebrated everything in life. You are so expressive! I remember one night, you took a CD player outside on the porch. I asked you what you were going to do. You said, "I'm going to dance!" You danced and danced to your own special special beat, no lessons needed. I tried to steak peeks at you through the window, but you were always looking to see if I was looking....which I usually was. I hope you always remember to dance... Everything leads me to a song and of course I have one especially for this moment in time. It is called "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris. "It's only for a moment you are mine to hold. The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold. So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do, but most of all I want to know you're walking in the truth. And if I've never told you, I want you to know, that as I watch you grow, I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams, and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things. I'm here for you whatever this life brings, so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings." Marissa, I hope you enjoy this new chapter of your life.....high school....with it's new freedoms and responsibilities. Dave wonders why we bother taking our own school pictures. Wouldn't it be easier to get the school ones and get it over with? I really do enjoy our little photo shoots. We can get a lot more of your personality in the shots this way. You are so beautiful and they will be over way too soon. Remember.....I love you forever, Mom

No comments: