Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LifeLight




Nothing better than being out in the middle of a field with 300,000 people, tracking through the mud, through the corn, in the prayer tent with Merle, and up pretty darn close to Natalie Grant and Casting Crowns with my favorite daughter, Marissa and beautiful neighbor girls, Marilyn and Mariah! I receive blessings each day and I am learning to "Choose Joy". Music is such an amazing part of my life. I am so thankful that in almost every circumstance of my life, I can call upon a song that speaks to my heart! Another blessing came my way today. I saw my old, dear friend, Sandy, who just happens to be "Grandma Choo Choo". Isaiah is doing so well, up and around, learning to eat, his body learning to do all those things bodies do, and Sandy also told me how wonderful everyone has been to them. Sadly, Jessica's family had to say good-bye to her, but Sandy told me of all the blessings she has had getting to know Jessica's family. There are wonderful people out there, ready and willing to help us in our time of need. As Marissa would say, "Anywho", Natalie Grant sang my song! Some friends went to Women of Faith and thought that was the exact song for me. They bought it and asked me to sing it in church. I had been going through a few trials and was trying to stay afloat. I thought sure we had missed it since we were a little late, but Natalie was late too and she "Held" off just for me.....
"Two months is too little. They let him go. They had no sudden healing. To think that providence would Take a child from his mother while she prays Is appalling. Who told us we’d be rescued? What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares? We’re asking why this happens To us who have died to live? It’s unfair. Chorus: This is what it means to be held. How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life And you survive. This is what it is to be loved. And to know that the promise was When everything fell we’d be held. This hand is bitterness. We want to taste it, let the hatred numb our sorrow. The wise hands opens slowly to lillys of the valley and tomorrow. (Chorus) This is what it means to be held. How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life And you survive. This is what it is to be loved. And to know that the promise was When everything fell we’d be held. If hope is born of suffering. If this is only the beginning. Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior? (Chorus) This is what it means to be held. How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life And you survive. This is what it is to be loved. And to know that the promise was When everything fell we’d be held."
"Held"......it should be playing for you. I hope you can hear it.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

That is a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing your LifeLight experience!